Vail Taekwon-Do will honor most ranks from other schools. Even if it is a different style of martial arts.
The following are required for us to validate your existing rank:
- Name of previous school, website/email/phone number of school, style of martial art
- Last decided rank obtained at above school
- Copy of certificate of rank of highest rank obtained
- Time frame of when you trained at above school
We do the following with this information:
- We will try to validate your rank by contacting the school (if possible). If contacting previous school is not an option we will rely on the certificate of rank.
- Review student performing some basic techniques to aid in rank placement in our system
- Determine the equivalent rank in our system
- Award new student with equivalent rank in JTF Taekwon-Do
To test for the next rank the transfer student will have to complete the following:
- Learn all JTF forms up to and including forms for current rank
- Learn all basics, one steps, testing questions, etc. up to and including current rank as listed in Promotional Testing page
- Meet all other testing requirement: homework, teacher letter, etc.